Most of people may not know more about the automatic voltage regulator, but it plays an important role in our home.
The voltage stabilizer can automatically adjust the output voltage of the power supply equipment, so that the unstable power supply voltage with large fluctuations is stable within the corresponding range, and the various circuit electrical equipment and other equipment work stably under the normal voltage.
What is the automatic voltage regulator? An automatic voltage regulator is a device used to stabilize the output voltage. The voltage stabilizer is composed of a voltage regulating circuit, a control circuit and a servo motor. When the input voltage or load changes, the control circuit performs sampling, comparison and amplification, and then drives the servo motor to rotate, thereby changing the position of the carbon brush of the voltage regulator. By automatically adjusting the coil turns ratio, the output voltage can be kept stable.
The role of voltage stabilizer:
A voltage stabilizer is a power supply circuit or power supply device that can automatically adjust the output voltage. Its function is to stabilize the power supply voltage, which fluctuates greatly and cannot meet the requirements of electrical equipment, within its set value, so that various circuits or electrical equipment can work normally under the rated working voltage. The first power regulator passes The relay bounces to stabilize the voltage. When the grid voltage fluctuates, the automatic correction circuit of the power regulator starts to make the internal relay work.
Forcing the output voltage to stay near the set value, this circuit has the advantage of simple circuit, but the disadvantage is that the voltage regulation accuracy is not high. Every time the relay jumps, it will cause instantaneous interruption of power and spark interference, which will interfere with the reading of computer equipment. Write, it is easy to cause the computer to give an error signal, and in severe cases, it can damage the hard disk. Most high-quality small regulators use motors to drive carbon brushes to stabilize the voltage. This kind of automatic voltage regulator has little interference to electrical equipment, and has high voltage regulation accuracy. The working principle of the voltage regulator: Because some electrical appliances contain coil components, they will produce eddy currents that hinder the current in the early stage of energization. The generation of eddy current will not only weaken the instantaneous voltage when the device is started, resulting in slow startup, but also increase the instantaneous voltage generated after the disconnection, which may cause spark damage to the circuit.
At this time, an automatic voltage regulator is needed to protect the normal operation of the circuit. The voltage stabilizer is composed of a voltage stabilizer circuit, a control circuit and a servo system. When the input voltage or load changes, the control circuit will sample, compare and amplify, and then drive the servo motor to rotate to change the position of the regulator's carbon brush. By automatically adjusting the winding ratio of the coil, the output voltage remains stable and large capacity adjustment The converter also works according to the principle of voltage compensation.
Power of automatic voltage regulator:
1. The standard output power of the regulator is the maximum power.
The nominal power of household appliances refers to the active power, and inductive loads (such as refrigerators, air conditioners, and water pumps) generate large currents when they are started. Therefore, the power of refrigerators, air conditioners and water pumps is 3-5 times.
For example: 3 horsepower 220V of air conditioner ## # One horsepower is equal to 0.75 kilowatt × 3 horsepower 2.25 kilowatt × load starting current \ u003d 6.75 kilowatt or more 3 times.
2. Professional hydropower installation technicians
Factory professional electricians, engineers, and voltage regulators use power algorithms: general industrial equipment is based on the rated power multiplied by at least 2 times the power. When used in equipment with motor-operated equipment, high-current starting equipment, and shock load equipment, select a regulator with a capacity of 3 times or more to prevent excessive starting current and voltage reduction of the power line to prevent normal operation. For example, the power of some motors of the 380V electrical equipment of the steam pump in the factory is 7.5 kilowatts. However, when it starts to run, the inrush current exceeds 3 times the power of the motor, so a current greater than 3 times its power must be selected.
3. When the output voltage of the 0.5KVA-3KVA regulator is 110V, the input capacity cannot exceed 40 of the rated capacity. When the output requires both 110V and 220V, the output capacity should be 50 of the rated capacity to avoid overload. The key points of choosing a regulator suggest that you buy a voltage regulator at least three times larger than the actual power, because the voltage regulator is in actual work Must overcome the surge impact of the mains and the starting impact of inductive loads such as refrigerators, air conditioners, motors and motors.
When does the automatic voltage regulator start to work?
1. When a voltage regulator is used for an inductive load, since the inductive load has a large instantaneous starting current, it is usually about 3-5 times the rated current and usually more than 9 times the operating current. Such as refrigerators, air conditioners, washing machines, fans, large
Air conditioners, printing machines, air compressors, elevators, water pumps, etc. are all inductive loads. Therefore, any voltage regulator equipped with an inductive load, such as motors, compressors, etc., must consider its power reserve. In order to leave a margin, we must reserve enough margin to avoid direct damage to the voltage stabilizer caused by the surge current generated when the load is turned on. If the entire factory uses a voltage stabilizer, when starting the machine, avoid simultaneous Start the high-power inductive load, so when buying a regulator, there should be 1.5 times the spare capacity.
2. Please pay attention to whether the voltage value of the mains power supply exceeds the input voltage range specified by the selected regulator, and whether the difference between the three-phase power supply voltage exceeds 10V.
3. Before buying a machine, you should consider future business expansion, whether you need to add equipment, and whether regulatory agencies need to retain expanded capacity.
4. Whether it is an individual package or a complete factory package, a certain reserved capacity must be reserved for the purchased voltage stabilizer to avoid the 100% load rate of the voltage stabilizer. The load factor of the regulator usually reaches 90%.
There are several types of automatic pressure regulators, such as desktop, wall-mounted, double-wall and floor-standing, etc. Different types should be selected according to the installation location, main purpose and installation capacity.
5. Some insiders suggest that when choosing a voltage regulator, one should also pay attention to choosing products with higher brand awareness, because these manufacturers have reliable quality and good service. At the same time, whether the manufacturer has good after-sales service, such as the implementation of three guarantees for product quality.
At the same time, the following are also important factors that consumers should pay attention to.
Regulations used by regulatory agencies:
1. The mains connection complies with the national/regional fire-fighting wiring standards.
①The diameter of the input line of the access device must be ≥25mm
2. A copper core wire
②The input and output wires of the connected equipment must be tightened.
③The input and output wires must not be reversed.
④Do not replace the air switch with the leakage protector on the front of the device
3. Access load
The load power cannot exceed the maximum power of the regulated power supply: for example: 50KVA. General load rate is 50KVA×0.8 \\ 40KW
①All the line interfaces of the output line must be tightly connected, otherwise the high current will cause the line to heat up and affect the effective power.
4. It is strictly forbidden to turn on the load before turning on the stabilized power supply, and then turn on the stabilized power supply.
①Please make sure to turn on the power under the following conditions:
②Before opening, please measure the input voltage value between 304V-456V.
③Check that the voltage of the output voltmeter machine is 380V.
5. Don't use too much load;
6. Please use enough wires;
7. Please carefully connect the input voltage and output of the device;
8. The output voltage of the instrument and regulator should be unified;
9. Please select the input voltage switch to be the same as the power supply voltage;
10. If the fuse is blown, please check the load equipment;
11. Use fuses of the same rating. Do not use non-rated fuses or wires.
12. Install in a dry and ventilated place.
Automatic voltage regulator maintenance:
A voltage stabilizer is a device that provides a stable output voltage according to the following requirements: electrical equipment.
There are mainly intelligent numerical control type, automatic coupling adjustment type, high-power compensation type, switch type and other types.
Pay attention to 4 points in daily maintenance.
1. The pressure regulator should be placed in a well-ventilated, dry room without direct sunlight and corrosive gases;
2. The power selected by the regulator should be greater than the total power of the electrical equipment;
3. The regulator switch should not be used as the main switch of the device. First turn on the regulator switch, and then output the power, then connect different electrical devices according to the power from small to large, and connect from large to small when turning off the power
Close and finally close the regulator switch;
4. The switch of the voltage regulator should not be opened frequently. The time interval between each startup should be greater than 10 seconds, otherwise the voltage regulator may be incorrectly protected or even damaged.
Copyright © 2018 ZHONGSHAN DIANXING ELECTRICAL APPLIANCE INDUSTRY CO. LTD (CHINA) | All Rights Reserved
Hello, please leave your name and email here before chat online so that we won't miss your message and contact you smoothly.