cable modem surge protector Renters' guide to getting wired

by:KEBO      2019-11-06
The second part, what you really need to be productive is your own room and the money paid.At the very least, when Virginia Wolff is still alive, that's all you need and describes where women writers need to succeed in those days.That was before modern technology.Computers, fax machines, photocopiers.Today, you need more than just a simple room.Finding an apartment that can accommodate your home office is sometimes easier said than done.In my last column, I discussed how to find a landlord that is suitable for you to work from home and a city that approves your residence --based business.Now, I will discuss the trials and tribulations of getting your home office wired for the 21st century.Many changes have taken place since the Woolff era.Today, it's not just a chair and a table that your home office needs.The computer age requires a lot of power to run computers, fax machines, printers and copiers.Not all buildings meet this demand.I often hear complaints from tenants about not being able to run a toaster and microwave at the same time.Imagine trying to run office equipment in an old building where electrical lines are not qualified.When you go to the apartment, ask the landlord about the amount of electricity that each circuit can handle.You can also talk to other tenants in the building to see if they have any problems running multiple appliances or computers at the same time.If your building does not have enough wiring, you can try to assign the equipment to the other circuits of the apartment with an extension cord.Surge protectors will also help protect your investment in sensitive equipment.If your home business relies on fax machines and computer modems, you need to make sure you can install multiple phone lines if the apartment does not already have a telephone line.Nowadays, most landlords have become accustomed to tenants adding telephone lines to their computers.But some apartments are more suitable for multiple phone lines than others.Before you rent a house, make sure your landlord approves your additional phone line or highHigh-speed data lines such as integrated services digital networks or DSL.Even if your landlord agrees, you still need to make sure that the local phone company will not have a problem installing the line.If the company needs to run additional lines on the building or install a new phone booth, you will experience a significant increase in delays and installation costs.There are more serious problems with very old buildings.Sometimes, installing new telephone lines through walls is much more difficult than in newer buildings.Buildings and complexes for professionals are more likely to provide the phones and data lines you need.You can also negotiate with the landlord the cost of installing additional lines before moving in.If you need a highSpeed data cable, there is no cable modem service in your area, you need to make sure the telephone company can install the data cable before you sign the lease.When you call the phone company to ask if there is any service in your apartment area, do not accept the answer "yes.Take it away from someone who is learning hard.When the phone company told me that there was a net in my neighborhood, I thought I had covered all the bases.They didn't tell me the bad news until I moved in --I am too far away from the central telephone office to install the service without using additional equipment, which will cost me thousands of dollars.Before you move in, insist on having your phone company check if there is a service at your specific address.Some companies have to perform so-called "loop eligibility" to measure the distance between your phone and the central telephone office.Working from home is definitely better than driving in a hurry.hour traffic.But not everyone.It is difficult for many people to separate work from life.You need to create a work space in the apartment separate from your living space.Consider walking if there is no extra work space in your apartmentin closet.If there is a sliding door in the closet, you can put the computer and table behind the door and sit in a chair outside the closet.In this case, the closet only needs to be as deep as the table.You can also consider buying a closet table and you can close it when you are not working.These are easy to install in the corner of any room.If you plan to deduct your home office from your rental unit, the expert recommends that you write two separate rent checks --One for the business part or your rent (based on the percentage of space occupied by your office) and the other for the individual.If the annual rent you pay in the Home Office is more than $600, you will need to send a 1099 form ("Miscellaneous income" form) that you will give to your landlord the portion of the rent deducted.There's another one for the IRS.Taking photos of the Home Office is also helpful for renting r planning to moveEvidence that the Home Office in the old apartment did exist.It's a good idea to talk to the accountant about your family business.For more information on tax cuts in the Home Office, please refer to IRS Publication 587 "commercial use of the home "."The publication is available on the IRS website (www.irs.Gov/formsubs/pubs/index.htm).Letta Herman is a national real estate columnist who writes an article every two weeks.Can contact her by emailMail in lherman @ article was published by Inman News Services.<
Custom message
Chat Online 编辑模式下无法使用
Chat Online inputting...